Model Cars Magazine Forum

needsome paint help

hi folks

im about to start my gone in sixty seconds mack1 mustang .other than the obvious scale finishes line is there an alternative brand I can use.i live in Canada and they wont ship enamels here.i also need a match to Y3 citron yella.

thanks in advance.

ty

Hi there, do you have a auto paint store near you? All you have to do is tell them the paint code, and the amount you need and they will make it for you. I hope this helps.

Hmmmm...not saying you're not correct, but I'm still peripherally in the body-shop biz, and the paint stores around here have a minimum amount they'll mix...because it's done to a formula by weight. Usually a quart, sometimes a pint if you're lucky. Probably a minimum of $50 US here.

Some paint stores MAY be able to mix very small modeler-friendly quantities, but I haven't found one in 40 years (that doesn't mean they're not out there). :)

Some paint stores do still do touch up size quantities, or at least the local DuPont and PPG dealers in my area do.

I can't really speak for the Gone in 60 Seconds Mustangs (you don't specify which version of the movie, so not sure which color you need), but Citron Yella is available from Testors in their Model Master lacquer spray line. Should be able to get it at the hobby shop.

I just did a little research on the original Eleanor. Seems that while the color is commonly thought to be Medium Yellow Gold, according to the producer, they were simply painted School Bus Yellow to save money. School Bus Yellow is available in Duplicolor at the parts stores.