Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testors 'Panther Pink' spray bomb

it depends on how maney coats you put on?the more coats the darker it get's - 2 light mist coats (just enoff to give overall color)wet sand with 3200 on all open areas (sides,roof,trunk ect...) stay away from edges then shot a wet coat - should be on the money - if it needs to be a little darker mist it agin.happy modeling mike

My daughter painted her car in Testors Panther Pink over a white primer. Not sure how close it is, but here's a shot of it:

Genniecars2.jpg

And here she is with her first two model cars - she also built a roadway to display them on:

Genniecars4.jpg

Edited by Scottnkat

This was painted over a white primer base, then with two or three color coats of Testors Model Master lacquer:

70sat130101.jpg

Lighting (and your eyes/monitor) are going to play a role in how you view this (and any color), as you can see in the below pic of the chassis:

70RRchassisinFM3.jpg

The color appears darker and slightly more purple near the front suspension to my eyes in the above image, but it's all the same color and coverage, sprayed at the same time.

OK, I'll give it a shot over white primer. The color on Casey's Road Runner looks just right. I guess the worst than happens is I strip it and redo with the magenta if it doesn't look right.

Oh, and Scott, tell your daughter your daughter she did a great job. I hope I live up to HER example. :)

Edited by Swifster