Model Cars Magazine Forum

ConventionalCO.....E

I was playing around with some parts for the up coming Big Rig Build Off, and came up with this...Now I would not attempt this now, but maybe for a later date...it will take some chassis stretching at the very least...lol...Joe

1264-vi.jpg

1266-vi.jpg

Being a former GMC guy and junk scrounger to boot, I just got to try and build this one day. I thought my Aero Astro project was a morphidite! .

Can anybody make out the area code of GIA Equipment/Truck Undertakers on the pic or know where this thing actually is?

Don't know how old the pic is, but its days look numbered and would fun to chase it down if has not gone way of the dodo bird. Though that would be a mercy killing.

Heck if I had some money, what a perfectly wonderful way to flip off those that insist on conformance and go bankrupt at the same time.

SURELY it has a Detroit..maybe even a 12V with straight pipes and dripping diapers wrapped around the bottom half of the engine with bailing wire.

It has absolutely nothing good going for it and probably has driven more than 1 owner to ruin. Like the 3 legged, blind, dog with the mange and incontinence problems named "Lucky".

Yes, I REALLY like this thing. Thanks so much for sharing.

Peace.

Peace.

Edited by olsbooks

Funny thing is, I just saw this thing earlier. Two Astro Coes with a 9500 hood

9322D1DF-C194-4250-A37A-115DD94C67A7_zps

A5DAC6DE-8B0E-4393-AD8C-64482C174590_zps

I think the party or parties responsible for this could use more fiber in their diet.

Being a former GMC guy and junk scrounger to boot, I just got to try and build this one day. I thought my Aero Astro project was a morphidite! .

Can anybody make out the area code of GIA Equipment/Truck Undertakers on the pic or know where this thing actually is?

Don't know how old the pic is, but its days look numbered and would fun to chase it down if has not gone way of the dodo bird. Though that would be a mercy killing.

Heck if I had some money, what a perfectly wonderful way to flip off those that insist on conformance and go bankrupt at the same time.

SURELY it has a Detroit..maybe even a 12V with straight pipes and dripping diapers wrapped around the bottom half of the engine with bailing wire.

It has absolutely nothing good going for it and probably has driven more than 1 owner to ruin. Like the 3 legged, blind, dog with the mange and incontinence problems named "Lucky".

Yes, I REALLY like this thing. Thanks so much for sharing.

Peace.

Peace.

When I saw this I thought of you Jesse :D If anyone can pull it off, it's you buddy! I say go for it!

Well, I am hijacking this thread. This just has to be built! What an absolutely wonderful way to throw away what would amount to a million bucks today! In my time with the General, I surely don't recall ever hearing a peep about this thing. Probably did second hand and dismissed it as a bad joke. .

25 years too late for Woodstock but would blend in nicely still in Sausalito, Roswell, and that other "weirdo" town in NM that slips my mind with all the hippie burnouts.

If he had built this thing available in the mid 70's in the golden years of trucking, you can sure bet it would have been in a movie. Hollywood would have loved this. Convoy's Pigpen would have lost the Cruiseliner to this for sure.

If I ever thought there was not a single cell of discernment left in that fried gray matter remaining between my ears, it has just been validated it still exists and works. "Not even I would do this". Thought about similar? Absolutely. Now maybe I do bounce back and forth between genius and insanity but this guy crossed the line and never looked back.

But hey, he created "something" (potentially) useful and engaged the brain and hands. Far worse things have been done with that much time and money.

The call will go out soon for hopeless glue bombs and cleaning out of your scrap boxes! Meanwhile, I might just see if this dude is still around. He might like a 1/25 version of it. Then again......

Oh, did anybody notice what appears to be a double bunk IH 4070 beside it?

Peace.

Edited by olsbooks

I can only assume that the first picture is the latest picture of this truck, but interesting none the less. It proves what I have been saying all along: "anything is possible in truck modeling" because anything is possible in real life. I felt for sure that this truck was from North Carolina. We have some very creative fabricators of our own around here.

Buckaroo; I think that I have seen a truck configured similar to what you have came with, but I can't remember where. I personally would like to see you pull this one off, I'm sure it would be good.