Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Wip

Junior73

Thanks to the generosity of one of the board members(thanks again george 53) I have a 70 Super Bee to work on. Originally, I had planned to do a full cage and go all out race with it, but after it got here, I decided I couldn't wait to get on it. So, I dug out the old Dukes' Charger, and figured I'd see how well the two B body parts would work out. It's a tad small, but I think I can work with it. Can't decide if I'm going to use the Hemi out of the Duke's kit, or get a Ross Gibson for it, since I don't have any spare hemi's lying around. Wheels are the kicker. I can't decide which ones to go with. It's going to end up white with black Keith Marks "C" stripes.

Let me know what ya'll think of the options.

oct07118.jpg

1999 Lighting

oct07119.jpg

Keystone's

oct07120.jpg

Crager Slots

oct07121.jpg

Parts box Big-n-Littles

oct07122.jpg

OR do I try to score either a set of steelies or factory rallies????

Edited by Junior73

It really depends on the what style you are building. If you are building a vintage street machine, go with the slots, to be different, it seems everybody uses five spoke wheels. If you are building a modern street machine, go with the parts box (amt phantom vicky) wheels. Either way, lower the front-end, to get a good rake for that bad boy.

Guest roadkill2525
Seems like the slots are pulling ahead...of course, after i put this up I discover that they're 8 lug wheels!!!! Now I gotta find a set of five lugs....

If you're not going to use the slots, I've been looking for a good set of wheels for my Ram.

i like these.... ;) just need to bring down th nose a little.... :lol:

Its the right stance when leaving the line?