Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Chevy Impala, Bel Air Super Stock Chassis

Hey Guys, Thanks for the good words on the casting. I have had a couple people ask about hte rear suspension parts needed to build up the chassis ( front end uses the kit parts ) I am working on the parts, or really about have them done to cast also. It was all done to copy our uncles old super stock Bel Air so what I have made is what is under his car, ladder bars, shocks and coil springs. I will stick a few pics on here of the parts. You could do the rear suspension with a 4 link to I think have not had time to try it yet though but the scratch builder wont have a problem with it either way. I have about 12 or so of these cars to build thats why I am casting all the parts to cut the build time down. I have cut down a set of shocks to fit but could not get them to stay in place for the pics ( they run from the back plate of the ladder bars to the frame ). Its just all set in place and not glued. Thanks Again guys and Have a Great New Year !!!!

ShadetreeBuild003.jpg

ShadetreeBuild004.jpg

ShadetreeBuild005.jpg