Model Cars Magazine Forum

82 Mustang

Rick Schmidt

pulled out a stalled project today and am back on it. This will be hopefully soon a replica of my 82 Mustang. Hopefully it'll be in better shape when done. I started with a Monogram Cafe Racer Stang, I know I coulda got the MPC 82 and had a perfect match but the Monogram was available and easy to capture. It also made ease of a conversion I did in the real one that will be in the model

HPIM0440x.jpg

When I got the Racer ( black one ) in a trade It was a nicely built and complete kit. That didn't last long lol

HPIM0441.jpg

HPIM0440.jpg

Remember that I said using a Monogram kit aided in replicating something I did to the real car ??

S7300510.jpg

S7300511.jpg

Thats the still in progress 93 interiorfrom the Monograms younger sibling the Revell/Monogram 93 Cobra. Its set up like my real one 93 rear panels door panels and seats with a factory 82 dash and console. Still needs some work cause the two tubs hate each other lol heres where I stand now. Roof filling still needs touch up

S7300878.jpg

got the grille converted

S7300877.jpg

as it sits it looks very near the real one already lol

S7300876.jpg

Jones thanks lol its the "Mighty " Cobra the model is sitting on.

Conor ya asked for it lol

S7300879.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Oh yea thats just a car. Or whats left of one. She blew her motor 2 years ago and has been sitting since. Time is not being gentle is it. Back in her better days she wasn't such a disaster

2f4de398.jpg

I remember the fall of 1978 when the first Fox body '79 Mustang hit the streets. EVERYBODY loved them and wanted one. I was very disappointed when my parents bought a.... 1979 Capri instead of the Mustang. :lol:

Nice replica by the way!