#41 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

Just got back from Tucson and their great hobby shop at ACE Hardware across from my alma mater Palo Verde High School (class of '65). Picked up some  Pegasus wheel sets, WOW! those are great. Got the Chromed Reverse rims and the Supremes. Had to go back for more. 

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F  mHPKGMoE97KU5Ax785pq-6Q.jpg  Tires were ok too. :D

Edited by Greg Myers, 29 November 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#42 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

I just bought three sets of the chrome reverse wheels for $5.19 a set from Hobbylinc. I can't wait to get 'em and see what they look like on my '60 Ford pickup! I also want a set of the Sovereigns and the four bar Lancers.

#43 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,438 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Those look great Greg, I plan on picking up a set of those chrome reverse.

#44 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

I got 4 sets of the reverse. Don't like the tires though, replaced those with the 5.20's.

#45 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,418 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

I for one love these wheels.  Excellent for most builds.

#46 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

I got 4 sets of the reverse. Don't like the tires though, replaced those with the 5.20's.

Do you have a photo of the 5.20s James? The thin whitewall tires look nice on the Sovereigns. But, I think the chrome reverse wheels and four bars will look better with a wide white wall IMO. I've got a few WWWs from different Revell kits that I want to try on the wheels I have coming.

#47 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Do you have a photo of the 5.20s James? The thin whitewall tires look nice on the Sovereigns. But, I think the chrome reverse wheels and four bars will look better with a wide white wall IMO. I've got a few WWWs from different Revell kits that I want to try on the wheels I have coming.

Pegasus makes them with wide whites as well.

#48 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

These are the 520 tires, whitewall is the same, they just have a smaller sidewall.

Attached File  IMG4087_grande.jpg   101.88KB   0 downloads

Edited by JamesW, 29 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#49 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

You can sign me up for a couple of sets. All of the after market ones are 19(hate the look) and I don't like the looks. I build mostly customs rods and stock, why can't we have more of these type of wheel for our type of builds. Old style chrome reverse rims, mag wheels(14" & 15") from the 50's 60's and 70's.. Hope the after market listens to this

#50 Greg Cullinan

Greg Cullinan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:GREG

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

I have the soverigns and chrome reverse. My biggest complaint is I only bought one set of each and no cross bars. Have to get to stocking up. Model roundup has em.

#51 dodgefever

dodgefever

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

I don't get the fuss over these.  They're oversize for 1/25, the hubs and bolt detail look toy-like and the offset on the 5 spokes is huge.  I bought some of each and offloaded them as soon as I could.

#52 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

I like the Wheels for these but the Tires are junk... they are fine if you eliminate the Poor excuse for whitewalls... I could have freehanded the whitewalls better than the ones that are on them and I can't paint a straight line...

#53 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

I've got a set of each on hold at work, I really like the wheels, can't complain on the tires either, they'll look good on any late 50's/early 60's kustoms and lowriders.

#54 joe gs

joe gs

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Yutz

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

I like the Wheels for these but the Tires are junk... they are fine if you eliminate the Poor excuse for whitewalls... I could have freehanded the whitewalls better than the ones that are on them and I can't paint a straight line...

That's weird, the four sets of sovereigns and chrome reverse wheels I have all have inserts for the white walls. None of them are painted.

#55 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

The chrome reverse wheels do scale out as a 16" wheel (17 total). But, what's odd is that they fit perfectly inside a set of the Good Year Sports Car Special tires that come in a lot of Revell 1/25 kits (if you trim out the center ring inside). The wheels actually look smaller inside the tires than the Revell wheels do. I've finally found a good use for the blank sidewall SCS tires! You can make a real nice set of wide white wall tires with them. Here's a photo of the Pegasus wheels inside the Revell tires with the white walls painted on stuck under a clunker promo. I'm going to be using this wheel and tire combination a lot! This set is going on another project.

004_zpsfcc7fb62.jpg