#42 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan cristofaro

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Just got my 1st order from bnl. Im very impressed with the parts, very good quality, very minimal cleanup, and they are very styrene like. Will definitely be buying more from them.

#43 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

What happened to the BNL carb photo from yesterday's post?  I didn't get to see it.

#44 Pro Tech

Pro Tech

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

Might be better to PM or e-mail him, Charlie:

Last Active OFFLINE Nov 27 2013 11:30 AM

Casey, The reason I didn't PM or email him is due to the following reasons.

I have had a few people tell me that one of BNL carburetor sure looks alot like part of my Demon carburetor (PTMC 67). So instead of those people wondering (and myself) I thought Ben could offer an explanation to the question I posted. If he can explain where that part of his carburetor came from he could clear up the wondering by all. If he cannot explain his actions to produce the carburetor in question wouldn't we all want to know ? I know I would as a possible customer. I run a reputable company and think others in the industry should do the same, if they can't they should not be doing business as it hurts those trying to do the right "and ethical" thing. Just one last note, I'm not sure how it fits into this situation but I went back through my books and found a order that Ben (BNL Resins) placed for.... are you ready? 2 Demon carburetors, hmmm, I wonder what he used those for?

Charlie

Pro Tech

#45 bnl

bnl

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Full Name:Ben GARDNER

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

When I bought them from you, a long time ago (I don't believe it was 4 months ago, maybe Oct 2012), is when I first started doing this.  I didn't think that it was wrong because I wasn't using the entire replica of your piece.  I used the top.  I've since learned the business and had honestly forgot they were on the web site-- because they don't sell.  

I do apologize for it and I do know better at this point in my career.  I will make a scan of my 450 items on my site.  Also, as a business man I try to keep my business honest and don't step on toes on purpose.  Just like this business or any other business you live and learn.  No need to bash someone on forums.

#46 Pro Tech

Pro Tech

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

When I bought them from you, a long time ago (I don't believe it was 4 months ago, maybe Oct 2012), is when I first started doing this.  I didn't think that it was wrong because I wasn't using the entire replica of your piece.  I used the top.  I've since learned the business and had honestly forgot they were on the web site-- because they don't sell.  

I do apologize for it and I do know better at this point in my career.  I will make a scan of my 450 items on my site.  Also, as a business man I try to keep my business honest and don't step on toes on purpose.  Just like this business or any other business you live and learn.  No need to bash someone on forums.

Ben, yes you're right, you bought them from me Oct. 2012 not Oct. 2013 (my typo via email). The point of my post was not to bash you on the forum, I just wanted an explanation as to what you used for your master. You know if you were to come to me and ask if there was a way you could use that part of my master maybe we could have worked something out and none of this would have happened. But when someone goes and uses a original master (that I paid good money for to Jeff Sauber) without even contacting the owner of the piece that becomes a whole new ball game and the reason that I made my post. That being said I do accept your apology and I'm glad your learning the business and if you keep your operation "clean" you could go far and make a reputable name for yourself such as I have for Pro Tech. I do wish you well for the future of your business. 

Charlie
Pro Tech

#47 Trailer Trash Kustomz

Trailer Trash Kustomz

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Full Name:Rusty McBride

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Ben, I've been very impressed with your parts and vast selection. I have yet to order anything from you, but I suggest you to people on dif Facebook model pages I'm part of, mainly for your engines and 4x4 items. Keep up the good work brother and we'll be talking soon I'm sure!

#48 JDS Racing

JDS Racing

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Cardoza

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Just order a BNL motor, can't wait to see his work.

Edited by JDS Racing, 03 March 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#49 blackandwhite

blackandwhite

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Wright

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

waiting for mine to come in. hopefully its soon!

#50 Skip

Skip

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

Just received my order from BNL today, it was placed on February 23, very quick turnaround for any resin caster in my book. A quick examination of the parts looks like they are very crisp, sharp lines where there are supposed to be sharp lines and nice round edges where they are meant to be. There is very little if any flash, what there is will easily clean up with a light sanding before use.

Ben's Nailhead Buick engine is very nice too,, the fine detailing is not lost in the casting. The other small block Chevrolet stuff, heads, intakes, air cleaners and aftermarket based valve covers are equally as nice. I had looked at BNL's stuff a while ago, wasn't sure about dealing with Ben as I had never heard anything about BNL; after checking out this thread earlier I am glad I took the "chance" and bought his stuff, it's nice.

Also, Thanks to those who recommended Ben's stuff, we need more honest recommendations like this. We also need the Hack Alerts when someone is passing off junk. So when you deal with one of the aftermarket sellers let others know about your dealings went and the product quality.

#51 bnl

bnl

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thank you all for the compliments and I'm glad you are happy with your orders.  I won't send a part that I wouldn't use myself.  I've just launched my new web site, B-N-LRESINS.COM.  Much easier to navigate, search feature for those who know what they are looking for, list or grid view for those that don't...haha. 

For those that don't know, I do this part time and work full time.  I'm hoping in the near future to do this full time which will bring shorter shipping times and more products and I may be branching out a little bit.   Stay tuned.......

Thanks again.

#52 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

Agreed. Got my 49" Irok tires & Ford lifted 4x4 suspension this week and the parts are nice! As I understand it, Ben pours the parts as they are ordered, so a little patience pays off with nice resin to work with. Recommended!

Edited by Matt T., 05 March 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#53 dieseldawg142

dieseldawg142

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Full Name:dan smith

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

bnl is the go to place for 4by parts

have bought from ben a couple times, will definatley be ordering again. super fast turn around.

any chances of a 14b axle or toyo m/t's or nitto grappler tires in the future?

#54 bnl

bnl

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

more tires like the toyo m/t and the nitto grapplers along with other parts will hopefully be made as soon as i get my 3D printer

also in the near future we will have a few diesel engines

#55 Trailer Trash Kustomz

Trailer Trash Kustomz

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Which ones you going after Ben?

Edited by Trailer Trash Kustomz, 05 March 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#56 bnl

bnl

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

I am probably going to start with a ford power stroke then go from there hopefully by this summer will have one

#57 Trailer Trash Kustomz

Trailer Trash Kustomz

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I scratch built and have been casting a 12v 5.9 cummins for a few months now.

Attached Files

#58 bnl

bnl

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Looks good have you had alot of sucess with selling them?

hopefully when i get my 3D printer up and running i will be able to get accurate parts for a power stroke and possibly a Duramax

#59 Trailer Trash Kustomz

Trailer Trash Kustomz

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

I sell about 3-5 a week average, which I see as decent since I'm still just getting into casting. I'm not really looking to do it as a business though. If I can sell enough parts to make my hobby pay for itself then I'm happy. It makes me feel good to be able to bring parts to the community that people want in order to build a dif ride from someone else and make it their own. I've been working on a 7.3 powerstroke in my spare time as well, but between getting blasted by a guy here on the MCM forum for not using the correct block to base from and Meng coming out with the f350 with a diesel I stalled that project until last week. Then I said what the heck, I'm doing it for myself, but if others need it will be here for them too. I used the gas block from the red 90s f350 dually kit (monogram?) as the base block to build from. I figured it would be a rather easy conversion for the builders. I didn't really think about block accuracy when I started doing the build.

Attached Files

Edited by Trailer Trash Kustomz, 06 March 2014 - 02:27 AM.

#60 38 Crush

38 Crush

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Full Name:Harold

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

I just recently ordered some tires and wheels from BNL. I'll let everyone know the quality and time it took to get them. I ordered on 2/24 and haven't received them yet. Looking forward though !!! :P