#1 Car Man

Car Man

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

I saw the international transtar 4300 kit and thought "that is what some plow trucks are"  like the one below 

photo-1.jpg

but i just found out that the plow trucks are international 2554 not transtar 4300 

so i was just wondering what is the difference between international transtar 4300 and international 2554 

#2 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

The International Transtar 4300 is a recently re-issued kit and can be found for $30 while the older International 2554 (and 2654) kits are harder to find and more expensive, like big $$$$!

Okay, kidding aside, I believe it is the way they are optioned and type of axles and drivetrain that is ordered with them. Resident International expert Cargostar can probably better explain it.

#3 RyanSilva

RyanSilva

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

The 4300(4270 and the like) was  a bigger tractor, the cab is different and the hood larger and longer. It was the bigger truck for hauling which shared a cab to a paystar which was a heavy duty on/off base chassis

the S and F series were based more on vocational - delivery trucks, single axle dump trucks,school buses etc.

Having smaller hoods and cabs, granted there are always options for dual axle, wider cab i believe, set back axles etc

Im sure there is more to it and I think I have most of it somewhat correct, Dave can correct me!