Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quick Build - 2005 Pontiac Gto

Captain Obvious

I found this kit at Hobby Lobby on clearance, then they took another 25% off, so I ended up paying like $3.25...lol...it started as the purple Polar Lights DTO Drift car, so I just threw whatever paint and wheels I had at it. Testors Black lacquer, Shimrins pearl Green over a silver base, Testors Lacquer clear over all, and spare wheels from a Tamiya Skyline. The hood did not want to stay closed, so I had to remove the air intake and glue the hood shut, so this is a curbside. Hope y'all like it!

P1020337.jpg

P1020338.jpg

Edited by Captain Obvious

capt.O...looks good like the paint...shame GM didnt make a real GTO instead of a sunbird with GTO emblems...no wonder GM is in trouble...there designers su_k...just my opinion...neal

Well, I have to disagree with you on the GTO comment.

I didn't know a Sunbird came with a 6.1 liter LS2 Engine with 400 hp.!

The '05 and '06 versions looked the best. I think the cars were great, but not priced right. The build quality was second to none.

GM's downfall is in quality as well as design, that I can agree with you on. I think a lot of people missed the boat on what GM was doing with the GTO. But hey if we all liked the same thing then we really would be boring.

Just wanted to say my part as I really love the GTO. I really love the Monaro's as well.

Chris

I agree with Chris (there is a scary thought :D, just kidding Chris ;) ), I also like the 04-06 'goat'. I feel it was very faithful to the original concept of a ordinary looking car with one of the biggest engines GM produced under the hood B) . In fact one of my future projects is something I call Project: Old Goat, New Goat. I am taking a 64 GTO drop top and replacing all the running gear and some of the interior from the 04 car and painting it in a color scheme that matches the 04 car (my madness has NO limit :D ).

Edited by Dave McFly