Where to find 01 / 02 Subaru WRX GOLD decals?

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 schwack

schwack

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Lakin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hi everyone,

My current project is a 2001 Subaru Impreza WRC kit done by Tamiya.  The kit comes with the body and trim all premolded in a blue color.  I opted to change it to black as a gift for my brother (he used to own one).

I've been able to find some P/E part kits (roll cage detail, wipers and harnesses which I can paint gold), but I am having difficulty finding gold decals for it.  Is there a good resource for decals online somewhere that may have something for Subaru?  Or perhaps gold decals for rally type cars?  I really think the gold and black would stand out!  Any help would be really appreciated!!

schwack

#2 Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Osborn

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hi everyone,

My current project is a 2001 Subaru Impreza WRC kit done by Tamiya.  The kit comes with the body and trim all premolded in a blue color.  I opted to change it to black as a gift for my brother (he used to own one).

I've been able to find some P/E part kits (roll cage detail, wipers and harnesses which I can paint gold), but I am having difficulty finding gold decals for it.  Is there a good resource for decals online somewhere that may have something for Subaru?  Or perhaps gold decals for rally type cars?  I really think the gold and black would stand out!  Any help would be really appreciated!!

schwack

Easiest solution to that problem would be to use the kit's decal sheet as a guide, re-create the decals that need to be gold, and print them in metallic gold on an Alps printer.  I could help you with that if you like.  Just PM me.