I'ts been awhile since I posted anything, so I thought that I'd show you my first try at modifying diecasts.
Alfa Romeo Alfetta / GTV has been one of my favourite cars for a long time, and since there are no plastic kits available, I had to go and buy a 1:24 scale Quattroruote die cast model. Here's what the Alfa looked like when I first got it:
While it was not exactly rubbish, there was a lot of room for improvement. The doors didn't fit very well, paint had scratches in it, and detailing was not very good. I personally didn't like the general look of the car. I think that Alfa Romeos should look aggressive and sporty, and this thing with it's silver paint, high suspension and general sluggishness didn't convey that idea, so I took the car to pieces and began dressing up this "Beta Romeo".
There were some mold lines and other problems with the body, so I thoroughly sanded it and then painted it using Maston -spray paints.
This is how the engine bay looked before:
The Alfa's 1800cc i4 engine pushed out around 120 hp, which was -in my opinion- quite well for such a small engine in mid-70s, but I gave it a new exhaust manifold along with some new air filters to make it appear a bit more sporty. I also removed some molded in details and replaced them with better ones.
The engine bay after:
To be continued.