Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Toterhome'.
Found 2 results
My first major scratch building endeavor, a 1/24 scale 34’ RV conversion on a Revell Ford Aeromax 120 cab and chassis. The project began over 5 years ago, but the majority of it was built in the past two months. A huge thanks to everyone on the forum that encouraged the build along the way. The RV body is a scale 24’ long with a 42” bunk, typical of the single rear axle units. These class 8 truck conversions, ever increasing in popularity, are a favorite amongst weekend race teams. I based this one off of 1:1 toterhomes built by NRC Modifications. Other popular custom builders include Showhauler and Renegade. Power is supplied by a Italeri 12.7l Detroit Diesel Series 60. It rides on real aluminum wheels from MCA, and Bridgestone tires from Moluminum and Double Take Replicas. Next on the workbench is the trailer, so there will be more to come. Thanks for checking it out!
I have begun my first Class 8 truck conversion, this project has been in the planning stages for a while. My first one will be built on a Revell Ford Aeromax 120, a kit I partially built back in high school. The kit had been in storage, along with others for quite a while. I had been a die hard model railroader, but now I have "diversified" and I am back into model kits too. Anyway, I'm looking to scratchbuild the 25' coach body on a single axle, much like this rig. I think I'll go with the "standard white" paint too: So far, I have finished the engine and I've started on the cab and chassis. Power will come from a Detroit Diesel Series 60 from an Italeri 378 kit. I have painted it with real Series 60 Blue, a rattle can I picked up at a Freightliner truck repair shop. Plumbing and wiring is wire from Radio Shack. Decals are from Scale Truck Detail Studios by Kurt McLucas (You can get them from Ben @ Class A Resin). A big thanks to Kurt for his decals and reference pics from his awesome models. The cab parts, like many others, were warped and required putty fill and a bunch of work to get it together. Filled all of the roof holes, as with the bunk over the cab, I won't be mounting anything there. It has been sanded and is ready for primer: The workbench has the spread of parts, frame has been stripped and an axle removed. Thanks for looking, I'll update when I have the chassis complete.