Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Bellflower'.
Found 1 result
Here’s my latest, the AMT ’60 Ford Starliner. I lowered the suspension, filled the antenna hole in the front wing. MCG PE details were used, but I didn’t use the PE grille, as you need to buy separate headlight buckets, from Modelhaus or somewhere else… Thanks MCG. That cost me $20 and it was all but useless. Why not include resin buckets in with the PE set? I mean, how much more would it cost? Anyway, I replaced the dash switches and the dials. I flocked the carpets and wired the engine. Wheels are from Pegasus and I made the exhaust system from lead solder, with polished aluminium Bellflowers. I made the antenna, too, after seeing a similar one in reference photos. I thought it looked quite period-correct. Paint was silver base, with silver flake on top, followed by purple candy and more clear. The downside to all this paint, is that the panel lines disappeared in places, so a lot of the BMF had to be done by eye, with a steady hand. I was sweating bullets. The pattern was masked with some of that greeting-card craft border. The self-adhesive stuff. Er…I think that’s it. Here are the pics, comments welcome: Even though I used lots of artificial light, the purple didn't really come out strongly in the photos. Believe me, it really pops in the sun!