Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'esprit'.
Found 2 results
Hey everyone!, how many of us have struggled through building this rather annoying kit? If you like this car, you don't really have a choice. Here I will show you how i'm dealing with it to make it a better kit, AND give this awesome car the performance it deserves. It has some of the best handling, and braking, but its not what it could be in the speed department, so I decided to put a 200+ mph Ferrari V8 in it. Here you can see all the things I hacked apart, and re-assembled in better ways.....it will have a one-piece body like the better Japanese kits when i'm through with it, and a better ride height. One of the very first things I did, was to separate the top of the dash from the body...…..that annoys the heck out of me when they do that! I also stole the tyres out of one of my Tamiya Ferrari F-40 kits...they do this car/kit justice!!! -Thanks for looking in!!
Monogram Exotics Series 1/24th scale kit. I had originally built one of these, in a failed attempt with a baldy warped frame/interior shell and horrible glass, back in 2008. I had acquired a parts kit cheap at an auction back in 2016 that was missing the body shell and it's pieces along with some other small parts, which inspired me to find the pieces of the original one I had built back in '08. Since then, I had located the body w/ rear bumper glued on, the rear deck with it's spoiler, and whatever remained of the DOHC 4 cyl it had. I always customize my BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH and wasn't going with a 4 banger set-up for the new build. I found a chrome molded Chevy 350 block (which could be from a AMT ZR1 since they had chrome engines and had provisions for a separate transmission) and used the DOHC heads and valve covers from the mint Lotus motor and the built one to make a wild DOHC V8 combination that would look dayumm in the Lotus! I located a front cam/fan belt assembly piece from a Ferrari V8 that fit on the 350 block and mated up nicely with the Lotus heads. I also went with a roots supercharger setup with a custom intake to drive the wild factor to 11. I also added a NOS bottle and headers from some unknown source that fit on the Lotus heads, and made a custom exhaust system using parts from a Revelle Corvett Sting Ray III. From the box I saw issues with the front ride height sitting too high making it ride like a 4x4, so I lowered the front spindles and made adjustments to the rear to fix the truck like stance it had. I also went with wheels and tires from a Revell ACR Viper since the kit's pieces were just tripe. I had to trim around the rear hatch to fit the tip of the motor and intake for the Supercharger, and decided to use the hatch's glass as a molded body piece that also acts as a hood scoop for the motor. Spoiler fit is a bit weird, don't know if it's lazy engineering by Monogram Interior or what, but I think it needed something ether way. Interior is Rustoluem Advanced Formula Flat Brown, and exterior is Tamiya TS-73 Clear Orange cleared with Pledge.