Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's talk 68-72 Corvette's for a second

I built a corvette many years ago as a kid. I actually dont even remember building it but I have it, and so I had a hand in it some way or another. I do remember clearcoating it and absolutely ruining the windows... But thats another story.

What I'm trying to figure out is who made it. I don't have any pictures of it and I can't find it on google.

But what I can tell you that stands out the most that may help identify it was it was molded in brown. Like a light-ish brown, it had a small block that appeared to be fuel injected with like an LT1 tunnel port or something I can't remember. It had 80's Corvette wheels on it, and it had a solid rear axle that had a 4 link setup. It was also a hardtop.

I'm assuming it's an old AMT... but I can't seem to find it.

Can you help me figure out what it is? I'd love to find another one and "re" build it.

is this the one that had a cloth style roof and the top that is hard and a big block in it?.I have a buildup that I'm rebulding.I want to see

stock box art,instructions and decals.I've saw them w/sm block and big block.what is the history of this kit?..thank you..Chris