Model Cars Magazine Forum

free CAD software?

Does anyone know of any okay free or really close to that price tag CAD software?  I'm looking for anything that would allow me to create parts on paper or computer at 1:1 measurements and print the image at exact 1:24th scale. 

If you know anything please I have a couple projects that depend on something of this nature. 

Thanks. 

• 3 months later...

Don't know if you will ever get this but Sketchup is probably what you are looking for. You can import plans and even blueprints and easily. I've only done 3D models of buildings but I seen that you can do engineering projects and even landscaping projects. After, you can print out what you have done, both on paper and if you have a 3D printer, in 3D.

Sketchup  is free unless you want the professional version. It does take imports and exports to cad files.

I feel this is relevant because once 3D printers become more popular, we modelers can get some good use from it and Sketchup is the perfect, easy to use, program