Model Cars Magazine Forum

this is your brain on hemi power

66dart

got a tweedy pie re-issue and just don't know how to leave well'nuff alone. this is a preliminary mock up to get a majority of the fabrication started, i plan on detailing everything along with final fit and finish before primer.

to start, swapped out the chevy 283 and ford three speed (which looks like a one ton, cool!) for a good'ol chrysler 426 with stock B -body manifolds and a833 4 speed from a 68 roadrunner. cut out  and made a new trans mount, and mocked up a kind of K frame for the hemi (note how you can still reach+change the oil filter and where the drainplug on the pan woukd be).  modified the transmisstion  tailshaft to afford space for a drive shaft and what should be a  B-body dana 60 on custom coils and what i plan to be a paralell 4-link ( step up for hemi cars from an 8.75 was supposed to be dana 60, but in 1:25 it looks too small) then chopped the windshield, and modified the tweedy pie side steer to clear the scatter-shield, put chrysler brake master in frame and started on the single side exit exaust. need to make a steering centerlink, motor mounts, and decide what to do in the rear. then finish the floor pan, fire wall and....uh....everything else. brutally honest critisism welcomed. i know it looms ruff and the stringers bother mee too. good work is tidy work, but unfortunately im an 'artist'. i really just wanted feedback, and see the mock up of the stance. never been called anything on the internet i cant laugh at, thanks for looking.

1206151411a.jpg

1216151505.jpg

1216151504.jpg

1216151507.jpg

1216151500.jpg

1216151459.jpg