Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Ford Mustang GT

Metallic

I agree that adding the BMF will improve detail.. or just paint in the side marker lights and the vent window.  BUT....  WOW, what a beautiful finish, and the engine is fantastic.  Great, great job.  I'm also going to try your paint process.  I've been using an entire polishing kit to polish out the paint, but once I start clearing, the polishing kit doesn't really do anything to smooth it out.  I'll try your way, as your finish is exactly what I'm after!!!

Thank you for you comments, i will work on that, is the only way to improve.

For me to be honest the polishing kit for models do the job, but not as much as the real polishing for real cars, Try it out on a spare part, You will like the results, One comment, before sanding after clear cote, let it dry as much as you can, Some time I let it dry for a week.

Edited by Metallic

First time with BMF, very nice. You're right about it being a bear to work with sometimes, but with practice it will come. It is my least favorite part of any build. One thing l find that makes it a lot less painful is to scribe all of the moldings, drip rails etc, really well. That way, after its painted,  there is still a nice definate line to keep your knife on track. Also use a super sharpe blade.... Great looking Fast Back once again.

Thank you!!!