Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dallas, Tx - Getting back after 12 long years

I started building around age 6 when my grandmother decided to hand-down some of my uncle's unfinished kits of Star Trek ships. I remember discovering how to glue pieces and make something myself, I was very proud too.

I went on building more Star Trek and Star Wars vehicles, a few replica cars, WWII aircraft and armor such and such. But for some reason, I would get bored of my work and fall out of it all together and all of them would end up melted, burned, or blown up with firecrackers :mellow: I have since worked on ways to express myself.

I have recently been popping into many of the hobby shops here and whenever I get to the plastic kits, I kinda avert my eyes because I don't want to get back into such an addictive hobby.

Well, I finally cracked. I walked down the clearance aisle of Walmart and passed a new 2015 Mustang Snap-Kit (semi-good fit, semi-good detail) and the '77 GMC Plow truck. I had them in my hand, but then placed them back on the shelf and walked away. Two months later I go back and they're still there!!! That was it, I snatched them and almost even took the 90's Crown Vic police Snap-Kit, but decided not to dive in just yet.

This looked like THE place to get building info and to see some really REALLY great work too! Things have sure changed since I started, oh and I guess I won't be seeing certain companies any longer...

Hey, thanks for welcoming my relapse, haha. I can't really complain about the snap-tite mustang. 1. It's the only 2015 model available currently 2. wow does this thing actually fit! I plan to define the body panel and door seams more, paint the interior and dash, repaint the body to the Guard Green (best color I've ever seen a mustang wear), sand off the "5.0" molded badging, cut open the holes in the grille etc etc... It's really a sickness. Do we know of a full glue kit of the 2015 coming any time soon?

Hey, thanks for welcoming my relapse, haha. I can't really complain about the snap-tite mustang. 1. It's the only 2015 model available currently 2. wow does this thing actually fit! I plan to define the body panel and door seams more, paint the interior and dash, repaint the body to the Guard Green (best color I've ever seen a mustang wear), sand off the "5.0" molded badging, cut open the holes in the grille etc etc... It's really a sickness. Do we know of a full glue kit of the 2015 coming any time soon?

Dack....its not a sickness its a passion...LOL...and we all have it.  Some of my favorite snap kits were Johan,and some of the AMT ones...they all build into great models and one can make anything they want from them with work.  I have a passion for promos and promo like kits just finished up a 66 Charger promo restoration..its not perfect but looks nice.