Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 Dodge Challenger T/A 392

At first I was going to get a Mustang as my next car. Then I started thinking about space. I have one kid and knew it was still possible to have another. Now my wife is pregnant. I had decided to go with the Challenger Scat Pack 392. SRT engine, Suede lined seats, LED projectors, the whole nine yards. Now I find out about the T/A. This is what I want. If I end up with a Scat Pack, I will be happy nonetheless, but the T/A is exactly what I wanted 

1. Air intakes around both headlamps
2. Hellcat hood
3. Hood Pins (optional)
4. Satin Black hood, decklid and fiel door
5. Lowered from factory
6. Super Track Pack with adjustable suspension mdoes
7. 9.5" wide tires. 1" wider than available on the Scat Pack
8. 6 piston Brembos ($ piston only on Scat Pack)

Dodge-Challenger_TA_392-2017-ig.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Quick GMC

I havent driven the T/A, I have driven the scat pack. Its a monster. I bought my charger RT, with the rt package a few years ago, as my first dodge, and Ill never get rid of it. Its an outstanding car. I would love to have a challenger scat pack, but when its my turn to get another car (we just traded for a Durango, when its paid off, its my turn) I think Im gonna build this one up. These hemis really love boost, but they are expensive. Its a great car, the 5.7 runs like a top and the thing flat out moves for such a heavy car. Either way, youll enjoy it-T/A or Scat Pack. 

Edited by drummerdad
Because Im dumb, and misunderstood the post.

I have to echo Dwayne's feelings on the Dodge Charger. I have been fortunate to have owned many performance cars from the 60's on and we now have nothing but MoPars in the garage and I've always been a GM type before. Before you make your final decision on the performance car purchase I would encourage you to check insurance rates first. Different companies view different models differently when they figure rates and this may shock you in the rates with nothing more than a trim change. I have to agree that the Challenger would be my first pick and the T/A look is dead on. I also would want the Scat Pack 6.2 Hemi engine. A sedan may work better with a family, I still have a mental block on 4 doors even now, there is a practicality factor to consider. The Charger is also available with a Scat Pack package and might be worth looking at. We have a '10 Charger RT with the 5.7 and all wheel drive. It is just as quick as my old '05 GTO 5-speed and gets about the same gas mileage. AWD is no longer available with the Hemi which is keeping me in this car for now. Both of these cars are well built and solid handlers on the hiway and on a winding road. Ours is a 5 speed overdrive, but the newer ones are getting the 6 and 8 speed overdrive which should help even more on operating cost. Either way you cannot go wrong. I have seen where they have some really good rebate programs and they are doing just about anything to sell any '16 on the lot. Now would be a very good time to buy. I really wouldn't worry about buying a leftover '16 since years from now you're the only one that will know anyway. I'd like to know which way you go and good luck to you and the family.