Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Chevy Caprice 4-door Hardtop Sport Sedan conversion

Cosmo_Song

Good work on the conversion and the body damage is VERY realistic. Take that model, set it in a diorama setting with some real vegetation in the distant background and you could fool someone into thinking it was a real car in a real place.

Did you mess up the styrene fender & hood or did you tap out a new steel hood then twist it up?  I've seen that done before.

Good work!  Dwayne

3 hours ago, DEL said:

Good work on the conversion and the body damage is VERY realistic. Take that model, set it in a diorama setting with some real vegetation in the distant background and you could fool someone into thinking it was a real car in a real place.

Did you mess up the styrene fender & hood or did you tap out a new steel hood then twist it up?  I've seen that done before.

Good work!  Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne!

I used aluminum foil to duplicate the fender and hood and then I damaged them. I used epoxy on the backside to secure the foil afterwards and glue them on to the styrene body with super glue.

You can see my whole process in here: 

Good luck with your builds too.

Gotta say it's one of the most realistic looking depictions of body damage in scale form I've ever seen.  It's TOUGH to get styrene to look that way!

Again, great job!  And thanks for the comments on mine..  D