Model Cars Magazine Forum

Darren, you can make exhaust from about any tubular items you can find. These are plastic clothes hangers, cut to size, with automotive pin striping tape, for brackets, and coated with Allclad. 3/8 chrome plated, copper supply line, for sinks, is perfect 8" straight pipes.

post-11762-0-34290700-1400158416_thumb.jpost-11762-0-57710800-1405711114_thumb.j

Darren, you can make exhaust from about any tubular items you can find. These are plastic clothes hangers, cut to size, with automotive pin striping tape, for brackets, and coated with Allclad. 3/8 chrome plated, copper supply line, for sinks, is perfect 8" straight pipes.

post-11762-0-34290700-1400158416_thumb.jpost-11762-0-57710800-1405711114_thumb.j

cool idea. I made a set for one of my trucks out of wooden dowel rods and drinking straws for another. Never thought of plastic hangers 

Thanks, and you are welcome. One of the best parts of the clothes hangers is, they have several, different radius bends in the same hanger. Some are good for the 90 degree under the frame bend, some would make, with a little careful cutting, great turnouts on top. Different manufacturers have slightly different diameters. 6", 7", and occasionally, 8" scale pipes can be found at different retailers, and the are cheap, especially if you swipe them off your wife's laundry basket. Some are slightly textured, and much harder plastic than the model's, and need a bit of sandpaper work to get them completely smooth. But not all are this way, i just happened on some that were. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...