Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Calsonic Impul GT-R(R35)

Jhedir6

Tomorrow, well later today now, is the 24HR of Daytona and this will be the 11th year for the Face Book group build. This year for my build I am doing Tamiya's Calsonic Impul GT-R.

top-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I'll be using Tamiya's PE set with kit along with some A-Club antennas and paints from Gravity Colors.

20170121_190045-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

As per the rules, we're allowed to add up to 4 pieces to the body so the glue will be dried and you can save a little time on body prep. I've de-chromed the roof panels (well half) as the version of the car I am doing has a blue roof with the chrome rear window. This is the shot of the roof masked off prior to being de-chromed.

20170122_115858-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

And I went ahead and replaced the filter in the spray booth and washed it down in preparation for tomorrow's build.

20170127_172610-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Paint is as follows, Zero Paints primer, nice new 250ml can. Gravity Color's Calsonic Blue and Anthracite Black for the chassis, and Scale Finishes Light Gun Metal(very silvery colour) for the wheels. I may use a small amount of carbon fiber decals as well pending on how time goes. Everything will be cleared with GC's multi-use gloss clear.

I'll be posting progress pics through out the day and into Sunday. 

Thanks for looking.

David

Edited by Jhedir6

I'll try Shaun. But IMSA will have live updates as well as streaming I'm sure. I'll be watching via web streaming, probably on You Tube as I dont have any sports channels on my tv package, too much money for very little use. I generally live stream. Once I figure out from where I'm going to watch I'll put a link up for it.