Model Cars Magazine Forum

First new project in years-Rubicon

LOBBS

No more CAD pics after this, I promise. I found some additional info and tweaked my original designs. I made the distance between the ears of the shackles wider, completely redrew the shackle anchor to make the base 4" x 3" (this seemed to be more in line with several of the 1:1 bolt-on kits) and while in the course of doing some research on tow hooks for the winch I ran across several articles that pointed out the superiority of using a safety thimble and shackle versus a traditional clevis hook so I went that route instead. I don't have a huge interest in off-roading with the exception of a soft spot for Jeeps so a lot of this was plain old eyeball engineering.

Anchor2.png

Anchor22.png

Shackle2.png

No more CAD pics after this, I promise.

I LOVE seing the CAD pics!  I just started learning CAD because there are some parts that I want that would be difficult to scratchbuild and relatively easy to 3d print - if only I can figure it out, anyway.  Your work is really inspirational - too cool!  Thanks for sharing!

Love this build so far, it's looking great!