Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Chrysler Imperial Phaeton Street Rod

E St. Kruiser50

In another thread Bluesman mentioned this "old" build of mine. This one's been on the shelf for a long time in a case.

This has a phantom 12 cylinder Chrysler Hemi with an 18-71 blower !! - "That thing Got A Hemi?" B) , and was the preliminary build to the "Hollywood". I only built one chassis for this one. Under this car is a dummy chassis.

Frame and engine are scratch-built. There's about 850 pieces in the entire model. The interior and down roof are all leather and there's a Thua Burl hand carved dash and door panel moldings ( I love exotic woods :D ). This model took less than half the time for the Hollywood. I'll add more photo's later.

2008_0609Photobucket10008.jpg

2008_0609Photobucket10003.jpg

2008_0609Photobucket10009.jpg

2008_0609Photobucket10011.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

That's the one!!! Simply stunning, & I thought I recognized your work with the Graham, (similar style, kind of like a signature), & oddly enough, something else that clued me in were the clear "stands" you used under the tires, I recalled them from photos of the Chrysler! :D

Thanks Dave! That beauty, (& a Chrysler roadster street rod featured in a very old issue of Car Modeler, [circa 1990]), is an inspiration in one I've been tinkering with off & on for a few years now, a 33 Chrysler roadster with a Viper V-10 & Viper suspension & running gear.

Great work!!

B)

You need to get that "Bad Boy" '33 back on the bench and finished. Love to see it here :rolleyes: . Thanks for remembering the "Old Girl". I was glad to post it for ya.

All the best - Dave :lol:

Edited by Treehugger Dave

As soon as it works it's way back up to the "rotating stack-o-projects" I'll get going on it again. To do that however, it's got to get back out of wherever it is I put it in the stash!!! :lol:

I have projects that rotate, simmer, & percolate off & on for months/years in some cases until they get finished. Right now I'm waiting for it to dry up enough here to get some paint on the 32 Ford sedan I'm working on.

Someday I'll have the spare room set up for painting, (soon I hope), & weather will no longer be an issue. Right now I'm going to have to spend most of my day off tomorrow airing out the house & basement, getting the last of the water out of the basement, & preparing for another round of rain & storms later this week! We didn't get it as bad as parts of Indiana did, but I had between 2-3 feet of water in my basement Thursday night, burnt out one sump pump trying to keep up with it, & had to buy another one. :lol:

B)

Heres the north entrance to my trailor park.

FLOODPICS08004.jpg

This is some propane tanks from Silgas about a half mile away. There is 21 tanks laying in this field.

FLOODPICS08016.jpg

Silgas is in the background. They were behind a chain-link fence that was ripped apart.

FLOODPICS08014.jpg

Just thought I'd share that with ya.

THAT CAR IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!!

Heres the north entrance to my trailor park.

FLOODPICS08004.jpg

This is some propane tanks from Silgas about a half mile away. There is 21 tanks laying in this field.

FLOODPICS08016.jpg

Silgas is in the background. They were behind a chain-link fence that was ripped apart.

FLOODPICS08014.jpg

Just thought I'd share that with ya.

THAT CAR IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!!

HOLY COW!!! :o:o:o

It rains a lot in Oregon and we complain alot. but nothing like this since'96 - WOW !! :o

As soon as it works it's way back up to the "rotating stack-o-projects" I'll get going on it again. To do that however, it's got to get back out of wherever it is I put it in the stash!!! :o

I have projects that rotate, simmer, & percolate off & on for months/years in some cases until they get finished. Right now I'm waiting for it to dry up enough here to get some paint on the 32 Ford sedan I'm working on.

Someday I'll have the spare room set up for painting, (soon I hope), & weather will no longer be an issue. Right now I'm going to have to spend most of my day off tomorrow airing out the house & basement, getting the last of the water out of the basement, & preparing for another round of rain & storms later this week! We didn't get it as bad as parts of Indiana did, but I had between 2-3 feet of water in my basement Thursday night, burnt out one sump pump trying to keep up with it, & had to buy another one. :o

:o

:o:o:o I think we could adjust our attitude about rain here in Oregn. You and abedooley got dumped on. I'll be praying for all you guy's !! WOW !! :o

Abe I knew that where you're at you got hit harder than we did. I'm really glad to see you're ok! :o

Dave, now that I've got a new sump pump & a backup, (the backup uses a float, so it's only good when the level gets really high, until I can get a hole drilled in the basement floor to keep it in permanently), we should be ok when the next round of storms hits by tomorrow, water-wise at least. Tornados, hail & high winds may be a whole 'nother story however!

:o

:o:o:o YIKES ! I have a whole new gratitude for where I live. Keep me posted on how your doing.

:lol: Well Dave, Heres ANOTHER fine model youv'e gotten us into!(with respects to Laurel & Hardy) Yep, I remember that one too from a while back,in SAE.Great build there too Dave,But with you know who behind ya,How could it NOT be? GREAT JOB!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That's right George. Pray for all you're worth, then build for all you're worth-then wait to see what HE does through you :o . It's alway's amazing !!! :lol: