Model Cars Magazine Forum

200+ built ups moving out

62rebel

I've been working with a vendor selling the majority of my last forty years of building, so don't be surprised to see some kits you might recognize come up for sale. They aren't stolen!  I'm coming to realize that my skills and eyesight aren't a match for my imagination, and adjusting my itinerary. Inventorying the collection revealed almost a dozen AMT 49 Fords not including the two I'm currently working on, as well as six Revell Mercs... I have never finished one of those. Lots of replica stock and mild customs. A few sixties style gassers from a couple of years ago. Hopefully he keeps them intact and doesn't part them out, but that's up to him.

Nearly all gone except my truly prized pieces. I'd like to have gotten a better return,but they were never an investment in anything but entertainment. Funny how many duplicate builds I started! I'm going to do another purge, this time of parts. I'm going to keep a core of often used pieces and offload the rest. East coast show goers will be seeing my old stuff soon enough. Please refrain from referring to them as gluebombs when you spot one or buy it. I put my name inside many, along with the date.