Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Corvette gasser glue bomb rebuild.

59 Impala

I'm rebuilding this glue bomb and I sprayed Boyd's True Blue Pearl over Black for the main body.  The interior, top and coves were sprayed with Boyd's Pacific Blue.  The top also has a coat of dull cote to tone it down.  Here are some pics of it as of today.  I had to repair the front end so that I could pose the wheels.  You can't turn them very much because of the headers though.  I will use BMF probably tomorrow night and our Nerd Night at the hobby shop.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

IMG_4399.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

I'll be looking for those next photos. I love gassers of any kind. I just saw a '57 gasser kit on evilbay today and thought about making an offer. From what I'm seeing so far with yours, I might just go ahead and make an offer.

Outstanding choice of colors! The 2 blues really work well together.

She's a gittin thar fur sure.  I used BMF and chrome pen for the trim.  I removed the headers and trimmed a tad bit off of the ends and shorten them up a bit.  I have re-installed them and will take pics soon.  I also had to trim off the pins for the interior so that the interior would let the body go forward a tad.  There was about a 1/16th gap between the body and flip front, so, somethin had to be done to close the gap.  It still not perfect but it will do.  I also moved the engine back a tad to help in this problem and now I have to trim the drive shaft to fit.  Thanks fer lookin.  Dan

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4409.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG