Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '64 Fleetside Interior Finished!

One of my favourite parts of a car kit is the interior. Since this is where most of us spend the our time with our cars, I like to make it as authentic as possible within the confines of what the kit gives me. Usuall, car interiors aren’t bad. However, the interior on the ’64 Chev Fleetside I’m working on is, well, a bit confused.

The problem is that it has features of both the standard and the “Custom” cab, so getting everything sorted out took a bit of work! Thankfully, I was able to mostly get it looking like it should, and now the Fleetside at least has an “office” to work with!

Check it out below; feedback is welcome as always!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2018/01/03/64-chevy-fleetside-update-2-inner-conflict/

1964-chevy-fleetside-060.jpg?w=400

Very impressive Adam!  I think I have the answer to your steering wheel problem...it looks like the kit gives you a standard wheel, which I believe you have up side down,  but a "deluxe" wheel was available which was a re-use of a 60 Bel-Air steering wheel or an Impala. Check out this link http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/blog/index.php/tag/deluxe-steering-wheels/ see what you think.  It shows some pics of these wheels also.  You may be able to grab the wheel from a revell 60 impala kit to solve your issue if the info I gave you is legit.  I am anxious to see this come together as I appreciate the level of detail your incorporating.  One other note, if I may without seeming critical...the handle on the ash tray above the radio should be black.  I hope that I am not coming off as some jerk picking apart your work, that is not my intention!  Just trying to help before you assemble!  

20 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Very impressive Adam!  I think I have the answer to your steering wheel problem...it looks like the kit gives you a standard wheel, which I believe you have up side down,  but a "deluxe" wheel was available which was a re-use of a 60 Bel-Air steering wheel or an Impala. Check out this link http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/blog/index.php/tag/deluxe-steering-wheels/ see what you think.  It shows some pics of these wheels also.  You may be able to grab the wheel from a revell 60 impala kit to solve your issue if the info I gave you is legit.  I am anxious to see this come together as I appreciate the level of detail your incorporating.  One other note, if I may without seeming critical...the handle on the ash tray above the radio should be black.  I hope that I am not coming off as some jerk picking apart your work, that is not my intention!  Just trying to help before you assemble!  

Hey Bill!

Thanks for the info! I found it hard to get good info on the purely bone-stock versions of these trucks; everyone seems to customize them somehow. Of course, that's why I'm trying to be as stock as possible! 

I don't have one of those steering wheels, since this isn't my era of kit, but I'm glad to know about it and will keep it in mind should I decide to swap it at some point, or come across one! 

Hey, don't worry about helping me with correct info! I'm always glad to have it. I might try to correct it before I assemble, but I may just leave it. I don't want you to think I'm being a jerk now, but I'm very superstitious about changing something once it's assembled. I will, however, file this information with the other stuff I collected on the truck so I have it for the next time. I've seen a number of people building '65 and '66 versions of this truck on various boards, so hopefully this will help them, if nothing else!

Thanks, man!

Glad to help Adam, I am very cautious and don't normally try to correct anyone but I could tell from your other sight that you are dedicated to those details!  I too am a fan for building stock models or at least as of recently, I build them to appear realistic  or as you would see them on a day to day basis  on the road as daily drivers with mild weathering, road grime etc.

21 hours ago, Eshaver said:

Adam, I'm old enough to remember a 64 Chevrolet new . I'd say JOB WELL DONE . I DO however remember that the Beige was a metallic semi gloss though ....

Really? Metallic satin  beige? Well, that is in keeping with the times, I guess! Nowhere did I ever run into anyone who mentioned that. I did see one truck that had such a finish on the 'net, but so many other things in the cab were customized, I didn't think that would be the original colour! 

Now THAT is cool! Too late for this build, but definitely cool! Is that the same for Suburbans, too? 

17 hours ago, Faust said:

Really? Metallic satin  beige? Well, that is in keeping with the times, I guess! Nowhere did I ever run into anyone who mentioned that. I did see one truck that had such a finish on the 'net, but so many other things in the cab were customized, I didn't think that would be the original colour! 

Now THAT is cool! Too late for this build, but definitely cool! Is that the same for Suburbans, too? 

At the time , yes !!!!!!