Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Ferrari GTO 1/24 Scale the 5 year build

Funkychiken

4 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

As you probably know, these Ferraris were hand made cars with rather obvious side to side differences.  All the good people at Monogram did was to try their best to accentuate this feature! "Duh...I meant to do that!" Its all you have to say for story #1. For story #2 you could say the 1:1 was wrecked at the track. This is looking great. No matter what you do, yours will look 100 times better than that turd Monogram put on the box! Don't give up now.

LOL....well said!!!

• 3 weeks later...

This kit has been fighting me all the way!

fitting the body was difficult, and resulted in the chassis and engine structure coming loose... which I've glued with superglue on the end of a toothpick...

finally, after 5 attempts, its in, and glued. A bit of a mess, but not a visible mess.

now exhausts...

there is a clash in the red circle between the axle / mounts and the exh pipe, this results in a twist of the pipe at both the blue circle area & the outlets

20200117_172220.jpg

On 2/15/2020 at 2:56 PM, Funkychiken said:

I've never done this before & i've tried several methods, and think this is the best.

I hold in this fixture

& heat with a hair dryer, then when it is released, it's fixed in position

20200215_1623221.jpg

I am so glad you are toughing it out, Bud!....you are soooo close now!!!...thanks for that great pipe bending tip!!!

On 2/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, Eric Macleod said:

I had a very similar problem with the exhaust system of my Cord. The solution was to use some soldier which worked great, even with a ton of curves.

that's a good tip... I guess solder is malleable, but stiff enough to hold... i'll look into it!

On 2/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Funkychiken said:

that's a good tip... I guess solder is malleable, but stiff enough to hold... i'll look into it!

I use solder alot now...it works GREAT!, but just be aware that it can mar pretty easily too...when it happens to me, i fill in the mark with super glue, then sand smooth -easy fix!