Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Wraith" 78 Pontiac Trans Am

Car Crazy 81

• 1 year later...

Looks great! Are you gonna make it before or after the car got shot up? Just curious...

Im building mines before it got shot up it looks nicer. One thing i'd noticed about that car it had a fake blower which sucked so im adding a real one to mines which should of been done to the movie car. Next up im looking to build Packard Walsh's Vette but for now im just gathering up the pieces. One thing i'd noticed i couldnt get a good shot of the license plate on Packard's Vette.

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

Im building mines before it got shot up it looks nicer. One thing i'd noticed about that car it had a fake blower which sucked so im adding a real one to mines which should of been done to the movie car.

Yeah... I noticed that when I watched the movie... I noticed the pulley wasn't moving, although I don't think it sucked... it just sat there...:);):lol:

Keep up the great job, I wanna see it when the updates are posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey how are you? We are the people who built the cars for this show. Here is are site and there are pics of the trans am on there. If you have any question feel free to contact us at uniquemoviecarslasvegas.com

keep up the good work....

Who owned/raced that car? It's been a while since I've seen the movie - but I must have watched it a gazillion times! I remember Packard Vette.

I remember now - It had been owned by the guy that got murdered and then played by Charley Sheen. Right?

Nice looking build - I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

• 3 months later...

Heres some progress on Maggot's Firebird the body work that i have done to it back in 2008 was starting to crack i'd seen why i'd used Bondo Spot Putty i could kick myself for using it so i filled in the roof but this time with Apoxie Sculpt and added some drip rails & windshield frame with .020 x .020 square rod the rear window molding is gonna be the fun part. The frame has been repainted with Rust-Oleum "Textured" Black which i use on all of my frames its starting to become my signature paint for frames.

ModelCars006-2.jpg

ModelCars001-2.jpg

ModelCars002-1.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981