Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mill City Replicas

I have a couple of his bodies, but have yet to build one. They are definitely going to take a bit of work to get all the flash cleaned up, then decide how to deal with the casting thickness(very thick). Pretty sure everything I have from Jimmy Flintstone has less flash and a thinner thickness profile. All said though, mine are very buildable into a nice car, just going to take some work. And he is the only game in town for a few items, so not a lot of choice.

Castings are a bit thick but they are good quality on the outside. If my memory is correct he offered a Formula 5000 air intake (may have been Andy Martin, but I am pretty sure it was Mill City). I sure wish he would remaster it (not straight as cast) because he was the only person I have seen that ever cast it. I really like it on one of my '69 Camaro projects. So if he reads this post maybe he will remaster it. I will take the first five if he does! Got a few low dollar dragsters that they would look great on.