Model Cars Magazine Forum

A little something for Dan "Thunderbolt" Peterson

Mr. Can Am Garage

A long time ago, a certain Mr. Peterson and I agreed to a smackdown. We enjoyed that smackdown so dang much we decided to go for a second. This is my result from that.

DSCF8017-vi.jpg

DSCF8018-vi.jpg

DSCF8019-vi.jpg

DSCF8020-vi.jpg

DSCF8021-vi.jpg

I'm still waiting Dan! :angry:

Beautiful Thunderbolt. I saw one at a carshow not too long ago. Awesome eye candy. I just want to eat it up!! :angry:

I had hoped this "smackdown" would have long been forgotten...reckon I was wrong. At least now I have an idea just how high you raised the bar... If I give it my absolute best effort, at least they'll look like fraternal twins...but yours will always be the prettier one.

And Nick, for the record, the engine halves are together. :angry:

And I got as far as this on the body. I removed the 427 scripts, which will be decals, or if I'm really lucky, p-e. At least the color is correct; I used MCW Vintage Burgundy. It's not yet polished, since I'm waiting to spray the Britney, er...I mean spears white before I rub out the burgundy.

DSCF0028-vi.jpg

Edited by Daniel Peterson

I love these T-Bolts, both you guys do awesome paint!

Daniel you mentioned PE scripts - I've not come across any for the T-Bolt before - you wouldn't know where from wouldya!

Cheers

Bob

If my paint looks good, all I can say is it's just smoke & mirrors, baby! John's paint however is the real deal. Thank you, though.

There was an amazing T-Bolt p-e detail kit offered by a company that I believe went the way of the Dodo...I thought I had one, but haven't been able to put my hands on it.

Maybe Model Car Garage can see fit to do one, especially with Revell announcing a street version of the 64 Fairlane.

I had hoped this "smackdown" would have long been forgotten...reckon I was wrong. At least now I have an idea just how high you raised the bar... If I give it my absolute best effort, at least they'll look like fraternal twins...but yours will always be the prettier one.

And Nick, for the record, the engine halves are together. :angry:

And I got as far as this on the body. I removed the 427 scripts, which will be decals, or if I'm really lucky, p-e. At least the color is correct; I used MCW Vintage Burgundy. It's not yet polished, since I'm waiting to spray the Britney, er...I mean spears white before I rub out the burgundy.

DSCF0028-vi.jpg

As you've discovered Dan, I have a LONG memory. In fact, I used some detailing tips from you on the 'Bolt.

I'll admit that my paint seems to be somewhat better than normal BUT I think you'd get my on the interior and engine.

Maybe we should try this again with SNAP kits. ;)