Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for clubs , stores etc in Oregon

Hey folks , Art Forms design , well, my design firm has made the decision to relocate to Bend Oregon . My son will attend Oregon St college hopefully next year and I know that is a five hour stretch South of Portland . I'm wondering what , if any plastic model activity is going on , say Grants pass , Eugene , Salem or so on . I'm also going to need supplies as i have enough kits to keep several builders happy for years .

Thanks Jon . I used to live right in the middle of Hollywood years back . I have NO Desire what so ever to return to anywhere in California . My book editor is in San Rafiel and I 'm going to dread driving into San Francisco to deal with her on that level

4 minutes ago, Eshaver said:

Thanks Jon . I used to live right in the middle of Hollywood years back . I have NO Desire what so ever to return to anywhere in California . My book editor is in San Rafiel and I 'm going to dread driving into San Francisco to deal with her on that level

Spent a few years of my youth in Vallejo just north of San Fran. Couldn't wait to move back to Oregon.  Check out my FB page (link below}

Edited by Jon Haigwood

Well Jon , I guess you see why I have no use for the state . I used to live in Cave Junction after i got so fed up with the silliness of LA and LA county . The ONLY reason I didn't try to relocate in Portland is the cost of living .

What Jon stated is true about the clubs south of Portland. The Lane Auto Modelers group is a great bunch of guys. The best model scene out there is Portland and it's only roughly 2 hours from Eugene/Springfield area or about the same time span from Bend.

6 hours ago, 1320wayne said:

What Jon stated is true about the clubs south of Portland. The Lane Auto Modelers group is a great bunch of guys. The best model scene out there is Portland and it's only roughly 2 hours from Eugene/Springfield area or about the same time span from Bend.

Thank You so much Wayne . ! I know for awhile i'm going to busy taking in the scenery and hopefully get some fishing on too