Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thinning Kustom Kolor Paints

ellisk

I still have about 15 one-ounce bottles of Kustom Kolor Paint by House of Kolor. It's that brand they sold through Wal-Mart, their website, and hobby shops. Well, I ran out of their "Airbrush Reducer" to thin out the paint for use in airbrushes. My question is... does anyone have an idea of what I can use to thin it with for spraying?

I can still get it at a local hobby shop here in Kansas City. Too bad they quit packaging the stuff... GREAT colors!!!!

ellisk

I still have about 15 one-ounce bottles of Kustom Kolor Paint by House of Kolor. It's that brand they sold through Wal-Mart, their website, and hobby shops. Well, I ran out of their "Airbrush Reducer" to thin out the paint for use in airbrushes. My question is... does anyone have an idea of what I can use to thin it with for spraying?

I can still get it at a local hobby shop here in Kansas City. Too bad they quit packaging the stuff... GREAT colors!!!!

ellisk

well you can use automotive laqure thinner it comes in a gallon container you can get it at a automotive paint store

if you would be so nice as to gitting me some of the paints i would repay you big time

• 2 weeks later...

I just use'd Testor's, Universal Enamel Thinner, the red can 8oz from tower hobbies on my '53 flip, and It worked out pretty good, thinned It out real thin but the results were ok, a lil on the satin side, but that will gloss up once I get the gloss on It i'm sure....

ellisk

These paints are a hybrid enamel/lacquer. Thin them with either enamel or lacquer thinner. I prefer the lacquer for its faster curing. Great Planes is still carrying them although their production at Valspar has ceased. I have about 40 bottles and am getting more through my dealer.

hey homie

I got a bunch I can let you have cheap if your interested pm me here and I will let you know what I have. maybe a trade or cash ???

the ones I have are for airbrush.

automotive paint reducer works great,get the slow reducer ,you can pick it up at a automotive paint store and also pick up some custom paints there as well