Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale issues with Ron Olsen engine?

This engine was bought on shapeways and all the parts were printed together. But the fitment looks away off, the manifold is longer than the block and the blower hat is too short for the blower. Has anyone else had problems or is there something I'm missing?

InkedIMG_20200507_162900_LI.thumb.jpg.ec3dddcbdb00a5689452828a1e99deb9.jpgIMG_20200507_161717.thumb.jpg.daacad25aebdf25ace52fec95a3f32c8.jpg

19 hours ago, Varen said:

This engine was bought on shapeways and all the parts were printed together.

As in, all at the same time and connected by something, or as one complete piece with nothing separate?

The RH cylinder head should be slightly offset from the LH head, so one should be slightly further forward on the block. It looks like the front and rear faces of the heads are parallel, but it's hard to tell from your picture. The intake manifold's runners appear to have gotten this offset detail correct, but if the cylinder heads were one piece with the block, it looks like it might've been designed incorrectly.

Better pics would help, but it's hard to see on a semi-opaque part.

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

As in, all at the same time and connected by something, or as one complete piece with nothing separate?

As separate parts on the same sprue. On closer look the block is perfectly symmetrical. I'm going to try and contact the creator. And sorry about the pics, my phone takes really wide photos so its hard to get anything close.