Model Cars Magazine Forum

how do i make interior look ripped

caseya

I assume you mean that the seats are torn.

Slice a "slot" in the plastic seats where a person's weight would be, such as, where the driver sits. Install small amounts of dryer lint into the "slot". Make it very subtle, not a foot long. Along with dirtying up the entire interior, this should give the look you want.

what i always like doing is painting a small triangle of the seat nasty jellow/orange, the colour of very old foam

then i get the very thin toilet paper (the gas station kind that you can almost see through)

start painting the seat and "upholster" it with the toilet paper

then when you come to the triangle lift the paper up a bit

finish it of with a coat of paint over the paper

this will make it look like the upholstery is ripped :D

• 1 month later...

i did kind of the same thing, except i used double ply with a constant design in it to give a bit more texture to the "foam" and seat cover then just peel apart the two layers on the corners or rip the one layer, and pretty much glue it on like flocking with the interior color paint obviously ten i hit it with tan and brown to give it more depth and grittyness,. pretty much what diymirage said

but heres some photos of my first ever torn up interior, its faily easy and simple since nothing really has to be "perfect" since ur making it look f***d up anyways

modelcarbuilds013.jpg

modelcarbuilds012.jpg

modelcarbuilds005.jpg

hope these help to give u some ideas

Edited by Jake-Off