Model Cars Magazine Forum

RCMP Chevrolet Caprice

Captain Spaulding

Finished my latest kit, a Chevrolet Caprice wearing a Royal Canadian Mounted Police paint scheme.

Really enjoyed building it, surprised me the amount of detail it had for a snap kit. Had few issues with the build, one headlight wouldn't fit right and some decals tearing, thanks to iamsuperdan for allowing me to purchase the kit from him.

20210115_172129.jpg

20210115_172138.jpg

20210115_172157.jpg

20210115_172207.jpg

20210115_172222.jpg

20210115_172248.jpg

20210113_095134.jpg

The land whale. Most comfortable and fastest police car I ever drove. So long as it had the LS1 engine. Fun fact, mine was so old that there was literally a hole through the floorboard from boot heel wear. Sucked on rainy days. 

Looks good and brings back some good memories. Got to train with the RCMP once, great bunch of people.

3 hours ago, charger74 said:

Very nice

Thank you appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nice job.  Bummer about the headlight.  I built one of these with my son once.  Nice kits.

Thanks, I was surprised how good it was for a snap kit

1 hour ago, ABNSPR said:

The land whale. Most comfortable and fastest police car I ever drove. So long as it had the LS1 engine. Fun fact, mine was so old that there was literally a hole through the floorboard from boot heel wear. Sucked on rainy days. 

Looks good and brings back some good memories. Got to train with the RCMP once, great bunch of people.

Thanks, I had a 95 Caprice 9C1 when I was younger. It out performed and out drove my 87 Regal any day. Hated when that car finally gave up the ghost.