Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interiors for 3D printed cars.

Repstock

I've been buying 3D printed bodies when I can afford them. They don't come with interiors (yet), so I'm making my own.

First is the 1972 Monaco. The front of the body was much wider than the rear, so I pie cut the body so both ends were the same width. I also added a windshield area from a 1978 Monaco. It may not be entirely accurate, but I like using kit windshields, because it looks like the completed model came that way.

Polara1972.JPG

Polaraint (1).JPG

Polaraint (3).JPG

Polaraint (4).JPG

Next is the 1976 Olds 98. I added a windshield from a 1973 ElDorado. Due to my botching the upload, The 98 body is pictured last, but the interior for it follows:

98Int (1).JPG

98Int (2).JPG

98Int (3).JPG

98Int (4).JPG

1973 Lincoln. Added windshield from 1970 Ford, added the "peak" to the back window.

Lincoln1973 (1).JPG

Lincoln1973 (2).JPG

Lincolnint (1).JPG

Lincolnint (2).JPG

Lincolnint (3).JPG

1970 Fury. Added .045 to bottom of car all the way around to "thicken it up". Added windshield from 1/24 Yodel police car. Added "Plymouth" to hood from casting off 1967 Plymouth Fury. Scratchbuilt turn signal indicators. Next model to get an interior.

Fury.JPG

Olds98.JPG

Edited by Repstock

Tom, those look REALLY great! I take it you got your bodies from Robert Burns? He does excellent 3D prints and I also have the '76 Olds 98 and just recently got the '70 Plymouth. On his FB page, he listed a bunch of bodies he's offering to his followers for a limited time. I broke down and got his '77 Olds Cutlass Supreme (a '76 is pictured though), '76 Olds Delta 88, and the '73 Buick Riviera. I should be getting them in the next month or two.

I can come up with interiors for them as needed and in fact, the Cutlass I definitely want to be a GSL entry when that show rolls around for the last time in '23.

Quick question: What did you use as a base for your Olds 98 interior? To my eyes, that looks exceptionally nice! I loved the "loose pillow" look Olds offered back then for that car. 👍

1 minute ago, MrObsessive said:

Tom, those look REALLY great! I take it you got your bodies from Robert Burns? He does excellent 3D prints and I also have the '76 Olds 98 and just recently got the '70 Plymouth. On his FB page, he listed a bunch of bodies he's offering to his followers for a limited time. I broke down and got his '77 Olds Cutlass Supreme (a '76 is pictured though), '76 Olds Delta 88, and the '73 Buick Riviera. I should be getting them in the next month or two.

I can come up with interiors for them as needed and in fact, the Cutlass I definitely want to be a GSL entry when that show rolls around for the last time in '23.

Quick question: What did you use as a base for your Olds 98 interior? To my eyes, that looks exceptionally nice! I loved the "loose pillow" look Olds offered back then for that car. 👍

First, Yes, these are Robert Burns (except for the Monaco, that was stevswai-0 ) Second, I'd love to see your bodies when you get them. and finally, the 98 interior is all me except for a '76 Caprice interior pan minus the door panels. Thank you for your supportive words.

• Like 1