Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Model Ranch & NO Communications

Does anyone know if RMR is still alive?  The website specifically states, "All Orders, Questions, Please Email Me!".  Well,....just like I did last year, I did, about a week ago.  Again, NO response. 

Last year, after several emails, I did a 'rant' on this Forum when I didn't get any response from Ron and after several folks agreed about his poor communication, he finally answered me!  And NOWHERE on his site does he mention a Facebook site.  I not on Facebook and have no desire to be on it.  After I finally got to order 2 bodies from him last year, I thought I was on the 'preferred customer list' and he would answer my future emails.  Fat chance. 

Please, if you are one of his defenders, I have no desire to hear how he answers you in 'less than a day'.  Just give me the 'Secret Password' so he will answer my enquiry in a timely manner.        

All I will say is that he does travel to shows and has a life beyond resin casting. Could be on vacation, might be sick, could be backed up in the shop casting kits, probably is a one man operation. Whatever his reason for not responding to you as quickly as you would like, I'm sure he will get to you eventually. Not sure what you are after but his quality is better than most and I found his service to be better than most too. Have to remember these are not big operations with staff to handle all of the work, he is likely the only one taking care of things and is doing the best he can. I got my stuff within two weeks of placing the order, as he said I would, which tells me he casts to order and works hard to stay on schedule.

By chance, what email address did you send your message to?

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

All I will say is that he does travel to shows and has a life beyond resin casting. Could be on vacation, might be sick, could be backed up in the shop casting kits, probably is a one man operation. Whatever his reason for not responding to you as quickly as you would like, I'm sure he will get to you eventually. Not sure what you are after but his quality is better than most and I found his service to be better than most too. Have to remember these are not big operations with staff to handle all of the work, he is likely the only one taking care of things and is doing the best he can. I got my stuff within two weeks of placing the order, as he said I would, which tells me he casts to order and works hard to stay on schedule.

By chance, what email address did you send your message to?

Oh yes Mike,  I understand all of what you mentioned.  Small business, one man operation, good quality casting, etc.  As I stated in my post, I ordered from him before, took forever to respond.  Finally allowed to order and received the bodies in about 2 weeks.  My wife has a shop on ESTY and it is a one person operation.  Sewing and embroidering.  Slow and tedious work.  But, she replies to all enquiries in a timely manner because it means a 'Sale'.  She also noticed Ron has a Facebook Page, so he is up on all the modern communication methods.  

I guess I'm from a different generation where CSL, consideration and courtesy for another were more widely practiced.  Oh yea, and saw plenty of businesses go under because the owner thought that 'customer service' was overrated.

The email address was exactly the one on his website.  Will keep all posted on how long it takes and for others who are planning on ordering from him.         

I have ordered resin stuff from people who were great at responding but their product was barely workable and I have ordered from people who were hard to communicate with but their product was top notch. No doubt it is frustrating, I work in sales and I try to respond immediately because I value my customers and their business. Not sure if he has a job on top of the resin business but if he does, I can understand why he's hard to track down.

Hopefully you are like most of us and plenty to build in the meantime.