Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice shot of Grumpy et al. with Grump's '72 Vega P/S and its fenderwell-exit headers. I recognise a Chevy Engine Orange painted head (and, ostensibly, block) -- I thought that Bill painted his engines black as early as 1968 ( SS/E Chevy II & SS/C Camaro ) ? Ne'er-the-less, here's a great photo for those whom wish to replicate the correct headers for the MPC '72 Grumpy's Toy Vega P/S.

Jenkins-1972-vega-PS.jpg.516fb649bc38df698fe0bf4b73200d56.jpg

When Jenkins went thru tech at the 72 Winternationals they would not allow him to run those headers and he had to run a conventional set.  You can see where they patched the inner fenders to cover the holes and a  second Hooker Headers decal covers the patch on the lower fender.

GrumpEarlyVegaPS3.jpg.b3f192cb367028c8ed2abc42dfd74ca0.jpg

61605323_2292723514114801_9109502845995974656_n.jpg

14 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Nice shot of Grumpy et al. with Grump's '72 Vega P/S and its fenderwell-exit headers. I recognise a Chevy Engine Orange painted head (and, ostensibly, block) -- I thought that Bill painted his engines black as early as 1968 ( SS/E Chevy II & SS/C Camaro ) ? Ne'er-the-less, here's a great photo for those whom wish to replicate the correct headers for the MPC '72 Grumpy's Toy Vega P/S.

Jenkins-1972-vega-PS.jpg.516fb649bc38df698fe0bf4b73200d56.jpg

I used to have a pair of Bell Bottoms just like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

To Bad the MPC did not to the fender well headers like the real car !

I'm just happy that Round2 revised/corrected the body on not only the Grumpy's Toy but also the [1974] Bruce Larson USA-1 Vega. 

Would I like to have seen the Grump's Vega include a proper SBC/4-speed and fenderwell headers? Surely... and I'm not alone. At least the revised/retooled bodies look the part, especially compared to the originals (stock rear wheel openings, moulded-on exhaust, etc.)