Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy Sportsman

Slim Louis

I build primarily vintage race cars and I am in a quandry as to where to post them. My last several bulds builds, either in the workbench or under glass sections received zippo response. Maybe they should go here. Didn't really think they sucked that bad!

Short Tracks,a 56 Chevy with a hot small block, open headers, red and white two-tone, warm Saturday night (coming soon), hot dogs,your favorite cold beverage, whats not to like? Thanks ya'll!

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

Link to the build:

http://public.fotki.com/slimlouis/cadet-sp...evy-sportsman-/

I build primarily vintage race cars and I am in a quandry as to where to post them. My last several bulds builds, either in the workbench or under glass sections received zippo response. Maybe they should go here. Didn't really think they sucked that bad!

Short Tracks,a 56 Chevy with a hot small block, open headers, red and white two-tone, warm Saturday night (coming soon), hot dogs,your favorite cold beverage, whats not to like? Thanks ya'll!

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

Link to the build:

http://public.fotki.com/slimlouis/cadet-sp...evy-sportsman-/

I hear you Slim. If its not a hot rod or a factory stock model you wont get much response in the other 2 sections you mentioned. In fact you probably wont get much response in this section either unless your one of the boys. Unless you build Drag racing cars you wont get much response at the Scale Auto site either. Neither sites members care too much about Stock car racing models. I however think this and all your builds are Awesome !!

Thank you , Mark, I appreciate the support. I beleive we have a mutual admiration society here, you and I, I like your style of building as well. As long as I'm looking around here, I will continue to post comments on the builds that grab me. I like all kinds of "old school:! Drag racers, Bonneville, Hot Rods, and old customs. Big trucks and Haulers are neat, too! Some day I will build a model that doesn't require a number on the door! I am actually a pretty open minded old dude! :)

Edited by Slim Louis

i like it :)

i actually read your post in the "under glass" section and decided to follow you here

im not sure why it didnt get any responses there.

its a nice looking model and the driverside front tire shows that you dont just build the model, you actually build the story behind it .

keep at it :)