Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS AeroCoupe

Tumbler75

This car started life as a Yard Sale find for $.50 cents. The paint was Cheap Spray Bomb Paint and it etched the plastic and glass. So I bought it and put it away for a later project. Well I was rummaging at a Flea Market and ran across a guy selling model parts minus bodies (used them for slot cars) so I bought the entire lot. Once was a Monte Carlo, had everything except the Body.

Well I dug it out, found a resin hood I had ordered some time ago, and got out the parts box and set to work. The paint is Copper Orange MetalSpeck by DupliColor with 4 coats of clear. Interior is done in Semi, Flat, and Satin Black and is flocked. Engine is 65% scratchbuilt from parts box and sheet styrene. Exhaust is also scratchbuilt from the headers to their exit tips. Enjoy!

Monte3.jpg

Monte4.jpg

Monte9.jpg

Monte12.jpg

Monte15.jpg

More Pics here: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tum...SS%20AeroCoupe/

Thanx for the comments guys. Yeah now that Revell/Monogram has brought out the "Notchback" Monte the AeroCoupe is quickly becomin' like the 1:1. Rare and hard to find. I had a lot of fun rebuilding this car and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I have plently of other "Yard Sale" or "Flea Market" find builds planned in the future, so keep a look out for them. Thanx again.