Model Cars Magazine Forum

pics of custom frame. just a timekill

tintman1968

heres a few pics of a frame I am building. I just needed something to do while I am waiting for the paint on my silverado to cure.

I have seen some very nice ones posted here and wanted to see if I could build anything as nice. Please tell me what you think. any sugestions welcome. thank you for looking........Bob

customframe015.jpg

customframe016.jpg

customframe011.jpg

BTW the a-arms work I just havent figured out spindels yet.

i wasn't going to use a body. I just wanted to see if I could build a frame that looked real. also practice for future lowrider projects. looking through some of my sons mini trucking mags I see alot of rolling frame setups at car shows. Beleve me it has become almost as much work as a full model. I hope to make it all work. It would almost be hard to put a body on after all the fab work up to this point. I have no clue what I will do with the rear end but I'll figure something out. I will post more pics when I get the a-arms and spindles done. thanks for looking and as allways sugestions welcome.