Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 911 Slant Nose

post-3386-1242932982_thumb.jpgHas any one built the revell Porsche 911slant nose convert? Is it a good kit or a waste of time? I wouls like to do one but it has bad detail and poor fitment of parts i would rather not wast my time.

It's not horrible, worth building even though to the best of my knowledge there were no factory built slant nose cabs.

I have a couple of them. Compared to the Fujimi Euthusiat series of 911s it isn't great. On its own, it is not a bad kit. I think the body looks good once finished. Annoying that Monogram choose to make most of the trim molded to the body. The engine goes together easier than the Fujimi version, but isn't as detailed. For a shelf sitter, good kit. As a contest contender, it would take a bit of time. If you find it on clearance, like I did mine, it is well worth the price.

I built one a few years back, and I thought it came out quite well...It has been gone for a long time as it bacame a gift to a friend of mine....I have another I picked up recently, that I will probably build sometime soon, only change I will make this time is the wheels, I think it would look better with BBS Wheels...