Model Cars Magazine Forum

A few of my favorites.

mrglubaum

'64 Rambler American, built from an old busted up promo. I used a roof from a Jo-Han Pro-Street '66 American.

64amer440-vi.jpg

'69 Camaro Z-28, Revell kit, I did everything wrong on this one and it still came out great!

69z28-vi.jpg

'93 Caprice Taxi, built from the AMT snap kit. A quick, fun build! Stickers from the Revell Caprice.

93caprice-vi.jpg

'57 Volkswagen low-bucks baja. From the Gunze Oval Window kit. Built to replicate the car my brother drove in high school. The engine came from a Tamiya '66, and was backdated to look like a 36hp.

bug2-vi.jpg

'32 Chevy street rod, '50s style. The old MPC kit. I used the engine with speed equipment from the AMT '37 Chevy. Wheels and tires came from the Revell '55 Chevy conv. I chopped the top by cutting it from the bottom, then chopped the widshield frame and made new "glass".

IM000472_0001-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, Brian! That '32 Chevy was one of those kits just gathering dust, until a friend and I were talking about how you always see '32 Fords, but you hardly ever see a '32 Chevy as a street rod. We had a little contest between us, I built mine, he built a fenderless version. His is a bright metallic yellow, with an unchopped top.

2879-vi.jpg

I always get more done when there's a little friendly competition going on.