Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Chevy Impala ss 409

Greg Cullinan

Painted the undercarraige Winter Grey(sick of doing them black)

DSC02091.jpg

Painted my engine and exhaust parts Testors Chrome(will paint individual parts their specific color as I go)

DSC02089.jpg

Glued on skirts and front and rear valances,Tried repairing broken pillar unsecessfully, Painted the exteroir Testors Saphire Metallic Blue

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

Painted interior Tamiya Light Metallic Blue(which I was hoping would be lighter then the Testors, which I'm unsure at this point it isnt identical :lol:

DSC02090.jpg

Thats where I'm at, I want to order 19" deep dish D'Z w/ whitewalls by Pegasus and photo etched details. Also I'm thinking about a blown 429 ;) but uncertain if I'll go that route.I will atempt bare metal foil for first time on this model.

Thanks for looking!

Greg, The last coupla years,Lindberg's releases have been top notch stuff! The old Pyro molds not being some of their better stuff! ;) But yeah, their quality control, an customer feed back are really good. They re-did the cowl line on the first versions of that kit in hardtop form. Their latedt stuff IS pretty good! Check out the 66 Chevelle SS-396 THAT is a BEAUTIFUL model! You'd like it! :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You should've never told me about the purple pond :lol: Anyway after a bath and a repaint I'm making some progress.I did my first wiring with a pre-wired alternator.Reall liked the look of Pegasus 19" gold t's sp I decided to use all gold accents.I ordered a photo-etch kit for this and I'm waiting for delivery.Also I am going to attempt gold bare metal foil.

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

You should've never told me about the purple pond :lol: Anyway after a bath and a repaint I'm making some progress.I did my first wiring with a pre-wired alternator.Reall liked the look of Pegasus 19" gold t's sp I decided to use all gold accents.I ordered a photo-etch kit for this and I'm waiting for delivery.Also I am going to attempt gold bare metal foil.

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

Just a word of caution. If you glued the front and rear valence on your body permanantly you're going to have trouble getting the body on the chassis. :lol: I learned this the hard way when I glued the valences on my '61 Impala body. When I tried stretching the body over the chassis, the front valence broke away and destroyed the paint on the body. The body ended up getting stripped but the repaint didn't turn out nearly as nice as the original paint job. Just wanted to give you a head's up! :angry: