Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi 90 20V quattro touring car

malfunkshun

Bought this Audi 90 20V quattro B3/Typ 89 from Fujimi. Had no real plans for it at the time I got it but I knew I wanted to turn it into a racer. No patience to do the IMSA GTO so I took some parts from a Tamiya Mercedes C180 DTM and did the best I could. Not done yet, a lot of work with the putty and sandpaper left.

Will be painted just like the Audi 90 IMSA GTO.

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

Will not use the original.

DSC00322.jpg

Will use this instead, also from the Mercedes but shortened 9mm.

DSC00323.jpg

Stock Vs. Race. Not sure if to use it. Want something wider like the wheels used on Porsche 956 and 962. Can anybody hook me up with a set of 956/962 wheels from Tamiya or similar?

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

Looking pretty good. Should be interesting when you get it all done. You're not going to have any problems painting over the decals of the older kit, are you? I might have a set of wheels that might work for you. I'll have to check. The 956 and the 962 wheels might be a little small in diameter for the car.

I'm working on an Audi right now myself. It's the A4 BTCC.

Yes, I've seen your A4 BTCC build, liking it a lot!

About the decals, the will be removed prior to prime and paint. So that shouldn't be an issue.

So the Prosche wheels would look bad you think?

I testfitted some NASCAR wheels and they looked pretty good, except for the rims. Just the right amount of rubber:)

It's not that wheels would look bad. It's the sidewall of the tires is so tall. I would go with a slightly lower rim and tire profile. I think it would give it a more aggressive stance.

I'm sending you a PM with a picture of some rims that I have if you would like them.

Edited by Brendan

• 1 month later...