Model Cars Magazine Forum

Simeone Automotive Museum

Just wanted to spread the word about a wonderful Museum that we have here in the City of Brotherly Love. (or was that random gunfire...I cant remember) It's called the Simeone Automotive Foundation Museum. It has got some of the most amazing and significant race cars in un-restored condition. The place is wonderful. I took these photos there about 3 months or so ago. Since that time they have added the Wintersteen Corvette Grand Sport. The best part is that if you go on the last weekend of the month, they actually take some of the cars out on their 3 acre lot out back, and drive them.

Here's the link to my photos.

Simeone Museum

Here's a link to the museum.

Simeone Foundation Museum

Please Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing that. I got to see the collection in 1991 when it was housed in an older building in Philly (I couldn't tell you where) and was so thoroughly impressed with this collection. Fred is a true connoisseur of sporting automobiles and I thought he was a heck of a nice guy. I would love to see the museum, now.

Edited by Modelmartin

Actually Andy, Harry is correct in this instance...sort of. I guess i need to update my profile I have been able to escape the Peoples Repulic of NJ, and I am currently in exile here in the City of Brotherly Love. However if you listen to the news around here they seem to refer to everything from the Poconos to the Jersey Shore as the Greater Philadelphia Area. :blink:

I guess the bottom line is that the Museum collection is amazing to see.

However if you listen to the news around here they seem to refer to everything from the Poconos to the Jersey Shore as the Greater Philadelphia Area. B)

That's similar to the GSLIMCC out in Utah. The Greater Salt Lake INTERNATIONAL Model Car Contest meaning , of course, the whole wide world!!!!