Model Cars Magazine Forum

Decal Update

hemiman_1999

Ok Bruce, since you won't answer my question on another forum, I'll ask it here also. I just wanted to know why the Tasca Ford sheet you offer looks nothing like the real car? I've attached a pic of the sheet as it is advertised on the ModelExpress website with an attachment of the real car as it is posted on the "Decals by Lucas" website. The differences are quite obvious, from the "Tasca" lettering to the real differences in the lettering heights of the word " Cobra Jet". At $15.oo a pop these should be dead nuts and in my opinion they aren't even close.

In all fairness I'll let the other forum members decide what they want to buy, but to ignore your potential customers is not a good way to do business.

Thanks,

Mark

post-5940-090563600 1284085405_thumb.jpg

post-5940-086005100 1284085412_thumb.jpg

Ok Bruce, since you won't answer my question on another forum, I'll ask it here also. I just wanted to know why the Tasca Ford sheet you offer looks nothing like the real car? I've attached a pic of the sheet as it is advertised on the ModelExpress website with an attachment of the real car as it is posted on the "Decals by Lucas" website. The differences are quite obvious, from the "Tasca" lettering to the real differences in the lettering heights of the word " Cobra Jet". At $15.oo a pop these should be dead nuts and in my opinion they aren't even close.

In all fairness I'll let the other forum members decide what they want to buy, but to ignore your potential customers is not a good way to do business.

Thanks,

Mark

OK Mark you must be on the computer more often than me I had life duties yesterday afternoon and last night. I did not see you remarks until this morning at 6am and I answered it on the other forum here is a copy of the answer I posted there

"Well Mark as you may Know the cars from this era seemed to change colors and graphics often I have seen several of these white Cobra Jet Mustangs from later in the the year that have the body a different color as well as different color art work and also I have seen the white cars with slightly different art work (I have often wondered if they changed cars perhaps only racing a car for a few weeks but I don't know) as for the Tasca car to my knowledge the car was white the whole time but its lettering was changed several times once the "Tasca Ford" lettering was blue and I have also had people tell me Bill Lawton as well as several others drove the Tasca Cars again requiring a change in the art work. So I will tell you this the art work Rick does was true to the best picture's he had of that car as it was for the event it was running that day. Yes you can find different colors and art for different time's during the life of the car. Another example of this type of thing would be the 1957 Chevy "Shake Rattle and Run" I have 19 pictures all showing major changes in the art work from 1962 to 1968. We have one sheet the "early Version" listed now and may do a second "late Version at some point in the future. We have listed now two versions of the Storming Bull a 55 Chevy. I hope this all has answered your question.."

Edited by hemiman_1999

A simple solution to this problem is simply post the picture of the real car that your decals represent rather than what you have posted. That way no potential customer is dissatisfied with what they think they are getting.

Yes that's My fault I posted the pic I have not the ones Rick gave to Patrick to do the Art Work I am trying to get it fixed now..

I am glad I didn't post the one with blue lettering and driven by Hubert Platt